Saturday, May 8, 2021

Just Us Girls #583 - Trend Week

Ina is host for Trend Week at Just Us Girls and this is what she chose:

I went from making very layered cards to clean and simple ones and am now working my way back - part way. I'll never give up CAS cards but I love adding layers too.  My card is a little different in the layer department.
Although I did layer the main panel on some leftover green, most of my layers are on the wreath from The Greetery.  To get a variety of greens I used my gel plate and Rustic Wilderness Distress Ink, adding layers of ink to make it darker.  Aha!  Another way to layer. ;)  I stamped the sentiment and then embossed the panel with the Subtle folder.

The Design Team and our guest designer Jacinda would love to see your layered cards.  You can check out their cards first if you need some inspiration.



7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the texture, along with the layering. The coloring [with geli] looks awesome

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely way to express your sympathies. Wonderful card, Bobby!

Macimbalo said...

Such a gorgeous sympathy card! Love all the layers!

Bonnie said...

What a pretty wreath, Bobby! I love the tone on tone shades of green and how it all pops against the textured white background!

Ina G said...

Lovely simple layered card Bobby. Love the variety of green tones on your wreath and the lightly textured white paper. A beautiful sympathy card.

TK said...

Wonderful card -- love the color variation you achieved, and the pretty wreath!

cm said...

Beautiful layered wreath, Bobby; perfect for a sympathy card.
Hugs~c