Thursday, January 12, 2023

52 Christmas Card Throwdown 1/23

I'm going to try to make Christmas cards throughout the year and 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is one way to do it.  I also vowed to use more of my older stamps like I did on this card. 


This is sketch week for the Throwdown, shown below.  I pulled out my Woodland Wreath from WPlus9.  It is so old that the dies are solid which means you have to cut before stamping.  The berries on the wreath are embossed with Red Tinsel powder although the glitter doesn't show in the photo.  The bow has been quadruple embossed to give it shine.  Scored lines were added on each side of the sentiment from Concord and 9th to finish it.


Thanks for dropping by.  





If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

11 comments:

Lori m said...

Beautiful wreath card, hugs, Lori m

I Card Everyone said...

Bobby, it may be old but it's still beautiful! I love the scored lines, and the sentiment - those never go out of style either! Such a great idea to make Christmas cards all year!
=]

Judy Woodland said...

Good for you on making the cards all year long, I could take a lesson!!! I love the clean look of this card, and the scoring is the perfect backdrop for that wreath. It's just beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

This is CAS and ever so pretty, Bobby! Good for you to use those older stamps. I like doing that too!

TK said...

Senior stamps for the win! What a lovely wreath and the bright red is perfect, loving those score lines too!

Bonnie said...

What a pretty wreath and a wonderful sentiment, Bobby! I'm trying to use some of my older stamps and my NBUS. I doubt I can use them all in a year. Maybe it's time to downsize.

Darnell said...

I'm reading on lots of blogs that we will be seeing more Christmas cards all year long (yay!) and people are using both old, but dear and old, but new ... all great resolutions. I love this card you have started with, Bobby! It's a grand wreath and bow and I just love the addition of the scored lines! Hugs, Darnell

Kathy said...

Bobby, Your card is so pretty so clean and simple. Great take on the sketch using the score lines on the base and inserting the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week. Smiles, Kathy

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card! You used the sketch very nicely! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

Valentina B said...

What a lovely, simple and very elegant Christmas card. Love the idea with using old stash of stamps. Nice take on the sketch. And very awesome idea with using the score lines, it's perfect! Thank you for playing with us at 52 Christmas Card Challenge.

Goga said...

Fantastic Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Goga