Saturday, June 3, 2023

52 Christmas Card Throwdown 20.23

Today I am guest designing at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.  I have been playing with them for the past 19 weeks and on week 17 I was a winner of the sketch challenge with this card.   Today is a sketch challenge too.


As you may have read on my last 52CCTD post, I came to the lake with only a few Christmas stamps and didn't have this sketch sent to me before I left.  Fortunately I had something that I could make work by turning the sketch on its head. 


The Altenew poinsettia was stamped and clear heat embossed on Bristol smooth and colored with Zigs.  I added a little splatter and a sentiment from the same set. 

I want to thank the Design Team at 52 CCTD for having me this week.  You have really stretched my creativity with your challenges.






If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

11 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

CAS perfection Bobby...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!! :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like this! The poinsettia is beautiful and I love the simplicity. Marcia said it, CAS perfection!

I Card Everyone said...

Bobby, there isn't a single stamp I'd rather have than this one for a Christmas challenge - love how you saw it in that Sketch!
=]

Fabiola said...

elle est tellement belle Bobby, si élégante et charmante, merci d'être notre guest designer cette semaine, biz

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on your win at 52CCC, Bobby! I'm glad you had this poinsettia with you. It's one of my favorites and perfect for this sketch! It's just plain perfect in my book! I need to get mine out and take it for a spin.

Loll said...

LOVE this gorgeous poinsettia, Bobby! Congrats on GD'ing at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown! xx

Lori m said...

Stunning poinsettia card, hugs, Lori m

TK said...

What a regal poinsettia! Your deep red makes this flower say royalty, so pretty

Darnell said...

Congratulations on guest designing, Bobby! This is a brilliant clean and simple design and you were very clever to flip the sketch on its top to make it work for you. I love your inside-the-lines watercoloring very much! Can you let me know what gray you used for the faint shadow to add depth? I have had trouble finding one light enough for my liking. Did you use the light gray Ziggie? Hugs, Darnell

ElizStewart said...

Bobby... LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! such a fabulous CAS creation. So beautiful! I am going to have to check out that poinsettia...you made it look fabulous! Bobby, thanks ever so much for guesting with us this week! Hope you are loving being at the lake.

Kathy said...

I love it, how clever is this. Glad you could participate...hope you are having a fun and restful time at the lake. You are a great guest designer for sure! Smiles, Kathy