Saturday, December 16, 2023

Color Throwdown #773

Today's card is for Color Throwdown.  I haven't played there in a while and I thought their colors lent themselves to Christmas ornaments.  The only question was which ones to use.  I settled on these from STAMPlorations.


After heat embosssing in gold, I watercolored the ornaments with Distress Ink in Wilted Violet and Blue Print Sketch. Then things went wrong.  I painted the background with Mowed Lawn DI but wanted to add what I thought would look like pine branches so streaked in some Rustic Wilderness.  I should have left well enough alone but once I started there was no going back.  To get rid of some of the background, I trimmed it down and added frames in gold and purple.  It almost looks black in the photo but it is Royal Velvet from PTI.  

Thanks for dropping by.  






If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

These ornaments show beautifully on the green background, Bobby! I like the streaks in the background!

TK said...

The ornaments are beautiful and they look great on your pretty background, no problems here! I love your colors and how you brought it all together

Lisa Elton said...

I like your fancy ornaments, Bobby! Lovely card!

Broni said...

Such beautiful ornaments! So glad you could play along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!

Greta said...

Beautiful ornaments & I like the texture of the background!