Thursday, January 18, 2024

Just Us Girls #710 - Moodboard Week

Lisa is the host for Moodboard Week at Just Us Girls and this is the board she chose.

There is so much to choose from.  Here's a closer look;

I looked the board over thoroughly and thought of a few different things before I found an image already colored in my stash and went with it. 


Can you see how I was inspired?  I was actually looking for a bear when I ran across my Gerda Steiner stamps that had this grumpy cat colored with Zigs.  The hat from SSS Winter Warmth fit him perfectly so I cut it from the center of the panel that I inked with Lost Shadow Distress Ink and embossed with Knitted Pattern.  A little puff ep for his pom pom, a label die from MFT and the sentiment from the SSS set was all I needed to finish it off.  I kept giggling the entire time I was making this.  I was going to do a different sentiment that would have had to be computer generated but then thought the brrr was like prrr and fit a cold and grumpy cat perfectly.  lol 

Which one of the photos pulls you in?  Want to see what the design team and our guest Stef saw?  Head on over to the blog and then make a card for the gallery.  We'd love to see you there.





If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

16 comments:

Carol said...

Grumpy Cat looks like he is on a real, knit sweater! So soft and realistic! cute card inspired by our cozy moodboard!

Judy Woodland said...

HAHAHA!!! Boy, you got me there, that's EXACTLY how I feel. So much snow already up here. Such an adorable card, I bet you had so much fun coloring that Grumpy Cat, and I LOVE the background. It's perfect!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Of course, it was that darling kitty that caught my fancy, Bobby! He doesn't look one bit grumpy in the photo - must be you didn't allow yours to play with the ball of yarn? lol He's as cute and cat-y as he can be - which is totally purrrrr-fect!
=]

Bonnie said...

This is adorable and certainly makes me laugh, Bobby! Love it!

Lisa Elton said...

My sentiments exactly grumpy cat... BRRR!! I wonder if he realizes how cute he looks in his little knitted cap? This is fun, Bobby!

Loll said...

Totally adorable Bobby! LOVE that grumpy cat ... especially with a hat! :) xx

TK said...

You crack me up, Michele! Your grumpy cat is hilarious and perfect for the challenge -- I'd say adorable but he might take a swipe at me!

ElizStewart said...

Bobby...just fantastic!! Love the BRRR...it is just perfect! So clever adding the knit cap to the grumpy cat... love everything about this card...and it certainly makes me smile!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I simply LOVE cold, grumpy cat! Great card and take on the moodboard, Bobby!

Darnell said...

This is hysterical, Bobby! So perfect for the horrid temperatures you've all been experiencing for the last week or more! Brrrrrr!! And pairing grumpy with the warm cozy sweater is brilliant! Hugs, Darnell

Kate said...

Say no more ... I understand his cat-titude purrfectly Bobby! Gosh he looks cute in his knitted hat! Absolutely love the texture of the background.

Stef Perry said...

That cat couldn't be more perfect, Bobby and I tell ya, I too would be giggling using him on a card! So fabulous with the puffy pom, the embossed background and the perfect grumpy cat sentiment!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun with grumpy cat!

Nancy said...

Sooo cute! Love his face!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is such a great card with that grumpy cat and beautiful knit/embossed background! This put a smile on my face as soon as I saw it. I love how you were inspired by the Moodboard!

Ina G said...

LOL with that grumpy cat. Sooooo funny! Fabulous cas card Bobby. Nice die cut and great background.