Thursday, February 1, 2024

Color Hues #80 - Guest

I was lucky enough to win Marcia's challenge at Color Hues and invited to guest design for this week's challenge.  I have been playing at Color Hues for most of their 80 challenges so I had to say yes.  These are the colors.  Very February-like don't you think?  And what about their new graphics?  Perfect for a color challenge if I do say so myself. 


MFT opened their vault recently and I jumped at the chance to get the Candy Jar dies and Companion stamps. 


The jars are layered three times with some light inking around the top one - not very visible in the photo. The rest was a matter of stamping and cutting out the peppermints and inking paper with Kitsch Flamingo and cutting out the hearts.  I just happened to have Kitsch Flamingo spray so I used it on a scalloped panel from Neat and Tangled for the background.  The sentiment is on a jar label included in the set. 

I hope you will check out what the Design Team has made in red and pink and play along in the challenge.  








If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

14 comments:

!neke said...

Great card !!!!!!
groeten Ineke

Carol said...

Bobby, those candy jars are fabulous!!! I can just taste those treats now! Your pink sprayed background is a nice touch too!! Great card!

Marcia Hill said...

Now this is my type of card Bobby...CANDY!! What sweet little jars and just perfect for filling with sweet treats...especially red & pink treats! We're thrilled to have you as our GD and love that you always play along with us Bobby...I know your card will inspire lots of players to play along with us! Thank you, thank you!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on guesting, Bobby! Your cards is super cute! Love the sweet treats!

Julie B said...

Great to have you guesting this time Bobby and thanks for the thumbs up with the new logo. Your card is a sweet, sorry, take on the new colour duo. :)

Nancy said...

Thanks for the sweet words on our new look, Bobby! As you already know I love your card as I have a huge sweet tooth! Thanks for guesting with us at Color Hues!

Stef Perry said...

Bobby, it's wonderful having you guest design with us this time and your candy jar card is a total delight! Those peppermints look so yummy (one of my favorite hard candies) and the Kitsch Flamingo was the prettiest pink to use. I agree with you about the new logo, it is perfect for a color challenge.

Cindy Beach said...

I once sang a song called "Beautiful Candy. Too pretty to eat!" I love your candy hearts and this card and they look plenty good enough to eat! So glad you grabbed that set, it's so fun!

cm said...

I want to dip my hand in to your candy jars and sample those oh-so-pretty treats! Fabulous images for both the challenge colour combination and for sending sweet wishes. Thrilled that you're our guest designer!
hugs~c

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on your win at Color Hues, Bobby! Your jars of candy are such fun! A perfect card for February!

I Card Everyone said...

Way to celebrate that win, Bobby! I love your new confectionary jars and sweets!
=]

Tracey McNeely said...

The sweetest sweets in the sweet shop. Love your pretty pink background and the candy jars are so fun! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Colour Hues!!

TK said...

SWEET card, Bobby, the candies are cute -- congrats on your win!

JulieP said...

This is so SWEET, pun intended!!! I think the background even looks like cotton candy. Thanks for joining us Bobby!