Sunday, July 21, 2024

Color Hues #91

Red and green.  Those are the colors at Color Hues and while I gave a thought to not making a Christmas card, I couldn't help myself.


The Honey Bee poinsettia was cut from red cardstock and inked in the center with Aged Mahogany DI.  The panel was embossed with Altenew's Poinsettia Cluster before adding the flower and a foiled sentiment.   

Thanks for dropping by. 






If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

It had to be! I'm quite sure I have this Poinsettia from HB but have never seen this gorgeous embossing folder, Bobby!
Such a beautiful Christmas card!
=]

TK said...

Gorgeous! I adore the poinsettia on the backdrop of an embossed one, just perfection

Tracey McNeely said...

Bobby the dies and the embossing make this such a beautiful Christmas card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Colo Hues!

Judy Woodland said...

This is so pretty, Bobby!! Your flower looks like velvet, and it's so striking against the embossed white. It's just GORGEOUS.....pinning!!

Marcia Hill said...

Another CAS perfection card Bobby and it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love that you used a Poinsettia image for both the main image and also the embossed background...soooooo pretty! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues Challenge! Hugs. :0)

Ida said...

Gorgeous card.

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous, Bobby! I love the deep rich center of your poinsettia and how you also did the background. Thanks for being with us at Color Hues, always nice having you in the gallery.

Karen said...

I absolutely LOVE that die cut poinsettia adhered to the poinsettia embossing folder. It's fabulous, and I'm pinning this to see if I can pull something similar out with the EF and dies I already own! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the pop of red from your pretty poinsettia! Fabulous card, Bobby!

Darnell said...

Oh, well done, Bobby! I just love this with the underlying embossing!! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful poinsettia, Bobby! Such elegance paired with the embossed poinsettia!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Bobby! Love the saturated colours of the poinsettia, which looks amazing over the embossing. The shine from the sentiment adds a special touch! xx

Julie B said...

I love a poinsettia and have been trying to get the EF for ages! Such a fab take on the Color Hues duo. :)

Hannelie said...

Stunning! Beautiful use of the challenge colors! Thanks for playing at Color Hues!