Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bit of Inspiration

I'm finally getting the hang of it.  I started a notebook where I can write down what paper I use, and what cuts, etc. for my cards.  That way when I get ready to post the pictures, I can rely on my notes instead of my memory.  Most of you probably already do that but being new to this blogging thing, it took a while to sink in.

This card was made for the "bit of inspiration" post at Capadia Designs.  Diane challenged us to make a wedding card in black and white inspired by one she posted (that she didn't make btw).

The card is made from white Walmart cardstock in an A2 size.  The edge of the card was cut from MS Elegant Cake.  I welded two of the cuts onto a rectangle from George and hid the contours of the cut-out portion.  Then I took those two cuts and hid the outside contours, cut the inside in black and glued them in place.  Using paper from a Making Memories black and white stack that I picked up at a Tuesday Morning, I cut three strips at varying widths.  A small piece of velvet ribbon separates two of the strips.  The sentiment design is also from MS Elegant Cakes cut in black and mounted on it's white shadow.  I love that it has hearts on it.   The "For You" was printed on the computer and then placed  under a sample cut to know where it would come out on the design.  A little rhinestone bling and the card is complete. 

No comments: