Thursday, July 14, 2011

Two more finished

I have two more of my "bits and pieces " of cards finished.  This first one is using the bird from Lyrical Letters.  Using Design Studio, I flipped one bird and then welded them together.  I planned them for an anniversary card when I first cut them out and so I continued on that path.

Using my computer program, I made a frame that says "Happy Anniversary" around it as many times as would fit.  I thought it showed up better when I took the photo. The striped background is from a Cloud 9 seasonal stack.  I used black pearls for the eyes and added some gold ones to the corners. 

The next card took some time to figure out and it still isn't quite right.  I had some images from my PCCrafter Hugware that I had printed on vellum.  I wanted to insert them into the middle of a card so the light would shine through. 

I cut the card with the window in white cardstock using George.  I sized the window to fit the picture and laid it on my DS screen so it would be in the correct place on an 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 piece of paper.  I then used that same cut on a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 piece in pink for the front.  Now that I think about it, I could have layered the vellum between the two but nooo......I put it on the back and then cut a frame to cover the edge.  Duh, sometimes I guess you have to see it in print to get the idea.  I used the Large Flowers cuttlebug folder on the pink layer.  I'm putting another layer inside so the sentiment won't show through the vellum.

I have two more finished cards that I'll post tomorrow.  Then after a vacation, I can begin my next personal challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment