Friday, September 2, 2011

Using Printed Paper

I'm wishing everyone a great Labor Day weekend.  I'm heading off to the lake with my husband, parents and sister.  My son and his family will join us on Saturday as will my youngest son, both coming from different directions and meeting in the middle, so to speak.  They'll be there to help take the dock in and celebrate the end of summer :( with a big potluck.  Fortunately I've made a few cards ahead so I can keep posting.

Paper packs come 12 x 12 and I do my scrapbooking 8 1/2 x 11.  That means there are a number of pages that won't work for scrapbooking and I needed a way to use them up.  My solution?  Cut a portion of the page and use it as the design on your card.


I don't remember where I got this paper stack.  It was on sale at an online store.  I hadn't heard of the company and learned my lesson.  You get what you pay for.  The paper is very thin and doesn't cut well on the Cricut.  But it does make good backgrounds.  This card is 5 x 7 and I cut the bird with yellow scrollwork from the corner of the paper.  I added yellow as the first layer and then cut the frame from Cindy Lou in white with a matching yellow flourish.  The sentiment was printed on my computer in blue and cut to fit behind the frame.   This is such an easy way to make a card and use up those printed papers.

No comments: