Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Roses are Red

I love it when I can do a simple card and use some of my old papers.  They're not really that old even though I've been scrapping for quite a while.  I just never used patterned paper on my layouts.  When I started card making, I used digital images I purchased from pcCrafter and a few single sheets that came from JoAnn salesoor my local scrapbook store (that has since closed, sob, sob).  Then I saw a Photo Stack on sale.  WooHoo.  180 sheets for $9.99.   Well, not exactly a woohoo since after I got home and really looked, there were a lot of papers I'd probably never use. 

This week on Birthday Sundaes, they asked you to use something from an old stash.  Using this sketch from CAS-ual Fridays


 I came up with this card.

The red rose paper is from The Photo Stack2 by DCWV.  The top cut and black shadow are from the Storybook cartridge. I printed the sentiment in black and added some red bling from Studio G that I got at WalMart.  Clean and Simple, Elegant and Classy.  That's my kind of card.

4 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Oh, how neat!!!! LOVE the large roses--and the layered shape is fabulous! :) Lovely card!!!

Tracey said...

How pretty......I love the simplicity of your card. The way you have framed the image looks great:)
Thanks 4 joining us at Birthday Sundaes!

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Friday!
Laura

Dana said...

What a great way to use up that PP we all have lying around! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!