Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Bold and The Beautiful

Sounds like a good name for a soap opera, doesn't it?  In this case, it's the name of the challenge at CAS-aul Fridays. You are to use pastels with black.  Anything goes good with black, the difficulty comes in what to choose.  I just got the Sophisticated cartridge and decided to use a cut from it for my card.


The under layer is lavendar and the top layer is pink.  I colored some white pearls with an old, old, art marker (those things last forever) that let the pearl quality show through.  I rounded the bottom corners and attached a shiny ribbon with a glue dot to finish it off.  I'm loving it's simplicity.

3 comments:

Virginia L. said...

This REALLY is bold and beautiful, Bobby! The added pearls give this card the extra pizzazz! Love it! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michele Gross said...

LOVE the pearls-great job with the colors :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Oh my gosh! This is pretty! Amazing detail and dimension!! Fabulous! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!