Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Quilted Card

Okay,  I'm a quilter so wouldn't you think making a quilted card would be easy?  Not so much.  Maybe it's my paper trimmer, or my eyesight.  Whatever the reason, I had trouble making the edges fit perfectly.  It came out in the end but working with little pieces of paper just isn't my thing and is the  reason I don't make tiny pieced quilts.


Oops, I can see even better in this picture that some of the "seams" show up a little too much. 

I waffled back and forth what to do with the quilted piece when I was done.  Make a square card and then where do I put the sentiment?  Certainly not over the top of the quilt pattern.  As you can see I made a border (quilts do have borders you know) and put it on a regular A2 white card.  I printed the sentiment on the computer in the same color as the border.  It's already in the mail to a quilting friend who is having some health issues.

I am entering this into The Friday Mashup challenge.

6 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Well Bobby, I think you've done a fabulous job on your quilted card! I always think that hand made items sometimes have tiny flaws and that's a good thing, cause it means we aren't working with the precision of a cold hard machine. Give me something handmade with Love any day!

Thanks for joining us with your lovely quilted card.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Heidi Baks said...

I had the same dilemma with "square or rectangle"? I completely understand! Fun colors, and I love the texture on the center square. Thanks for joining the Mashup this week.

Monika said...

I agree with Kasey

I love dies, but if I would like to have the feeling of handmade I using scissors and if it is not perfect ==> it is perfect :-)

Lisa said...

I think you did a great job! I love the paper you used!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Glenda said...

Love the little quilt! You did a great job!
Glenda

hollybeary creations said...

I think this came out great... I had the same problem with my seems. I think there is a secret trick to it or something...You color combo is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.