Saturday, April 7, 2012

Purple Mojo

I just HAD to make a card for the Mojo Monday challenge.  I think I'm becoming obsessed with some of the card challenges and can't bear to let certain ones pass me by.  Most of those are the ones I've been with since I started blogging just to be able to post my cards to their challenge.  I realized the deadline was nearing, so I sat down and not-so-quickly made a card to follow this sketch:
Some sketch cards come easily to me and some not.  This one was a not.  Parts were okay once I decided on the paper but then I didn't like this and this didn't work and....... well you know what I mean.  My biggest obstacle was what to use in place of the flower.  Here's what I did.


The print paper is from an 8 x 8 stack from Papertrey Ink called Hodge Podge.  I found a coordinating purple from Core-dinations for the background and a piece of pink for the scallop trim from my scraps.  I cut the white scallop from the Wild Card cartridge but punched the circle.  I hand cut the flag and stamped it with Tattered Rose Distress Ink.  I also inked the edges of the white papers with it.  I looked through a few of my Cricut handbooks and saw this half butterfly in the Storybook cart and decided that was what I wanted to use.  I cut it from some old, old, paper I had, heat embossed it with sparkle powder and added a pearl for it's head and the top of the antenna.  You can't tell very well from the picture but the wings of the butterfly fan out and makes it look like it's in flight. 

It was a struggle but now that it's done I rather like it.  I hope the recipient does, too.

Have a Happy Easter everyone. 

No comments: