Wednesday, January 15, 2014

STS #11

The first CASology challenge of the year was "In a Word', asking you to choose a word that expressed what you hope for the year.  I picked the word "Send" because I vowed to send out cards more often.

My "daughter from another mother"  is going through a tough time right now.  Jenny and her twin sister Suzie, are my daughter's best friends and the sisters she never had.  They have been wonderful support for Lisa since she lives away from her family.  Now it's time to support Jenny as she has been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma.  I sent her a card when I heard what she is going through (I'll post that later when it fits a challenge) but knew I had to do it more often.  I promised myself I would send her a card every two weeks, which is when she has her chemo.

This is the card I just sent, using the sketch from Seize the Sketch.



The photo isn't the best and I'm sorry about that.  The sentiment is from PTI's Inside Out Well Wishes.  I used one of the sentiments for the inside, too, but didn't take a picture of it.

Thanks for stopping by.  How about sending out some of the cards you make to cheer someone up.

5 comments:

Jen W. said...

I'm so very sorry to hear about, Jenny! I hope that she stays strong and all turns out well in the end. I know your gorgeous cards will be a huge boost to her spirit.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet thought of sending her cards to cheer her up! So sorry to hear that someone so close to you has to go through that. The patterns are so pretty on your card Bobby.

Happy Dance said...

So sorry that Jenny is in the clutches of HL. I will add her to my prayers, and do keep us posted, Bobby. Your card will certainly be a cheerer-upper for her. Love the dp, and those sweet little hearts. Bev

Joyce said...

Your card is very pretty, and you are kind to send it. I am sorry to hear about Jenny, and I will hope that she has an easy time with treatment and a good recovery.

Darnell said...

Bobby, you made a really pretty card for Jenny, which she will treasure! I'm sorry for her struggle and pray for her full recovery. I can't tell you how many cards ... well, wait, I guess I can ... I usually send out 10-12 cards at least once a month to friends who are going through mostly medical issues, and mostly breast cancer, although there are two children right now, one age 2 and one age 5. There is a lot of heartache out there and our cards do a tiny bit to bring a little sunshine. It's wonderful that you are doing this for her. Hugs, Darnell