Saturday, April 19, 2014

MUSE #63

Short and sweet blog post.  Two birthday parties and pre-Easter meal fixing going on today and if I don't post now, I may forget.  Here's Therese Calvird's card for Muse.


I took my inspiration from the checkeredy panel and the red pop of color.


I colored embossing paste with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink and smeared it over a Tim Holtz burlap stencil. Once it dried, I tied on a red tag, stamped with a My Craft Spot sentiment embossed in white, using red and white twine.  That panel is then mounted on matching cardstock and then on my white card.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Easter.

9 comments:

Ardyth said...

EVERYONE is colouring embossing paste like it's no big deal! You're another one and it looks amazing so you must be a pro! (I'm afraid of stencils, let alone embossing paste let alone mixing it with colour!!) Love the bold pop of red! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Bobby!

Anonymous said...

Loving the whole coloured embossing paste thing it's so cool and the pop of red is perfect!

Cindi said...

Great CAS design.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a cool take on the inspiration card!

Bonnie said...

I need to try coloring the embossing paste! I love the effect and this is another great card using stenciling. You have really inspired me!

Hannelie said...

Great use of the muse card Bobby!
Such a cool effect!

Kelly Griglione said...

Ooooh, what a chic and trendy card!! Awesome use of the embossing paste. Love the colors you chose ... that evergreen looks almost gray when it's mixed with the white paste.

Bobby said...

Gray is what I was going for and thought mixing with black would be too stark.

Jen W. said...

Love the fabulous texture from the embossing paste! I haven't braved the embossing paste trend yet although the pot has been sitting on my desk staring at me for weeks now. :)