Saturday, April 12, 2014

Stenciling at Virginia's View

Don't hate be but I LOVE stenciling!  I've seen number of my blogger friends say that they are afraid to try it, don't like it, or can't do it.  Give it a try and it may grow on you.  Twenty years ago stenciling borders on walls the the "in" thing and I did a lot of it.  So much so that I had to have rotator cuff repair.  Even after that, I stenciled a saying around the top of the walls in my foyer - another house, another time.  I still can't get enough of it and just got three new stencils.

Thank you, Virginia, for having a challenge to satisfy by love.  I have two cards to share, each with a different stenciling technique.


This one uses my new Tim Holtz lattice stencil and three colors of Distress Inks on glossy paper.  The sentiment, stamped in Salty Ocean, is from Clearly Besotted.  I did one in another color way while I was doing this one, so look for it to show up in a challenge soon.

ETA: I didn't know you couldn't link up both cards from the same blog post so the one above is not in the challenge.



This card uses my new Color Box stencil with embossing paste.  I colored the paste with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink (although it looks rather green).  I cut the panel with Tipped Tops and mounted it on chartreuse card stock  The sentiment is from My Pink Stamper, stamped in HA silver on a punched oval.

If you'd like to get more stencil inspiration, head on over to Virginia's View.  She has a list of blogs and videos that will get you in the mood.  Not to mentions the gallery.  Lots of goodies there, for sure.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope your weekend is going well.

11 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Oh Bobby! It pleases me SO much that you are really enjoying playing with stencils! BOTH cards are beautiful and will be considered as entries for the V. V. Challenge! I just got the Salty Ocean Distress Ink yesterday and I can't wait to use it! Your 2nd card has that lovely mellow yellow textures...just love your slanted design with the embossing paste! WELL DONE! Thanks so much for joining the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

Happy Dance said...

Two fabby cards, Bobby! I will admit that I am fully and totally in love with your second one! Oh. My. Gosh!! It is absolutely stunning. I think you've got a winner here, my friend. Love these. : ) Bev

Deepti Stephens said...

Hello Bobby.. both cards are great.. Love your stenciling.. :)

Kate said...

Such fabulous cards!! I love the stencilled look. Something else I want to try! That's crazy about the rotator cuff injury due to stencilling!!

Darnell said...

You definitely are a pro at the stenciling, Bobby! It's really top notch and I think your cards are winning!! I'm still going to leave it to you and enjoy it vivaciously through you!! Happy Easter to you and your family! Hugs, Darnell

Deepti said...

Love the perfection in stenciling :) simply amazing results and also love the colors u picked

Jen W. said...

You make it all look so easy! LOL! Love the blended colours on the first card and the embossing paste dots on the second card are SO COOL! I just got some embossing paste and I have got to stop eyeing it sitting on the corner of my desk and just use it!

Anonymous said...

The wishing you comfort is my favorite card. I love paste stenciling. Great job.

Diane said...

Very cute designs.

Hugs Diane

Bonnie said...

These are awesome, Bobby! They make me want to get to my studio and play with my stencils!

Kelly Griglione said...

Gorgeous, both cards are just gorgeous! I think it's awesome that you were brave enough to stencil borders. Hopefully you didn't have to paint over any. I could imagine it might be painful : )