Monday, November 24, 2014

Curtain Call Pin Cushion

Any challenge that calls for small print paper with a sewing theme is right up my alley.  Here's the inspiration photo for the Curtain Call challenge.


I think I actually have some of this fabric in my stash.  I'm drawn to those 40's prints which may explain why I have a number of 6 x 6 stacks with similar prints.  I used seven different ones on my quilt card.


I added the NBUS sentiment from MFT and some stitching lines with my IDenti Pen.  I think I will be recreating this a number of times with different papers and sentiments. :-)

Thanks for stopping by. Your visits and comments are always appreciated.

12 comments:

Ellibelle said...

Such a nice card design! Love the different patterns!

Shelly said...

So sweet! Love all the papers!

Anita in France said...

Brilliant DP combining, Bobby ... what a fabulous 'quilted' card! Anita :)

Bonnie said...

These are the perfect papers with tiny prints, Bobby! I love your cozy quilt card with the perfect stitching! I definitely think that more of these would be great!

Nancy said...

Fabulous quilt type card Bobby...love the handmade stitching!!

Marisa said...

Great mix of papers and touch of stitching. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the Showstopper award from Curtain Call for your sweet quilty card, Bobby!! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

Yay!!! Bobby you deserved this win... so darling!!!
=] Michele

Grace said...

Love it! Would you be willing to give me the sizes of your blocks...please?

Bobby said...

I can't reply to your email so I hope you see this and not think I ignored you. I'm sorry but I have no idea what size the blocks are. I made it 5 years ago and mailed it out so I can't even measure for you. I just cut up scraps of copy paper and kept trimming until they fit, then used them as a pattern.

Unknown said...

I just lifted this card and can give you the measurements! The squares are 1 1/4 x 1 1/4. The rectangle on the left center and the two on the top are 1 1/4 x 2 1/2. The sentiment block and the one below it are 1 1/4 x 2 5/8. All the spaces in between are 1/8 of an inch.

alopez said...

they are all so beautiful...truly artistic!