Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Stretch Your Stamps with Kelly and W & W

One of these years I'm going to be able to participate in World Card Making Day.  It seems that is always when I'm busiest.   Kelly Griglione issued a challenge from the Winnie and Walter blog on that day to "Stretch Your Stamps".  You know.  Look at them in a new way.  I don't have a ton of image stamps other than flowers but I even found a flower stamp that I could use for the challenge.


Believe it or not those fireworks are a dandelion stamp from MFT.  I embossed them in gold, white and red.  The red sank into the navy cardstock so with the help of my MISTI, I first embossed in white and then stamped over it with VersaMark and embossed it again in red.    The sentiment from W&W's Let's Party was also embossed in gold.  I added a little border of red sparkly paper for some added sizzle.

Thanks for the challenge, Kelly.  I'll keep looking for new ways to stretch my stamps.

6 comments:

Kelly Griglione said...

Get out, I LOVE THIS!!! Your dandelion makes for amazing fireworks! Who would have guessed. Super creative, Bobby! I love being surprised like this : ) So glad you could play in this challenge with me.

maria f. said...

What a great "stretch"!!!

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...love your wonderful fireworks!!! So clever.

Loll said...

Great job stretching your stamps. Awesome that you could stamp over the red embossing to make it brighter. Misti is the most amazing tool! xx

Daria Z. said...

This is fabulous - that dandelion makes a perfect firework!

Lisa Elton said...

How FUN!!