Saturday, June 24, 2017

Addicted to CAS #114

It's time for another challenge at Addicted to CAS and Carolyn has chosen this code word:
There are so many ways you can go with this so I hope you will give it a try and enter a card in the gallery.  There's a prize from Happy Little Stampers of a $15 gift certificate for the winner.

You will find great inspiration from the Design Team over on the blog but first, here's a look at mine.
I cut this die from Memory Box over a year ago when I was visiting Michele and it's been sitting in a file folder since then. I ran across it looking for something else and thought it would be perfect for the challenge.  I embossed the top of the card with Clouds and the bottom with Forest Branches to give it a background and then layered the word die from SSS three times.  Yes, I see that some of the details didn't cut but rather than take a chance of ruining it, I left the pieces intact.  

Now it's your turn to make a white on white card.  I hope I see one in the gallery.


20 comments:

Lynn said...

Fabulous Bobby! Love all the intricate details on the die!

I Card Everyone said...

No worries about those cuts, Bobby ... I rather like it when some of those little cuts stay in place. You've created a gorgeous scene with the addition of the clouds... have a wonderful weekend!
=]

Anita in France said...

Beautiful, Bobby ... leaving the little uncut pieces in place adds such great interest and variety to the die cuts ... a fabulous white on white, texture-y scene ... love it! Hugs, Anita :)

Susan said...

Wow, this is a stunning card. Terrific depth with just one color...perfect!

Barb Ghig said...

You did an amazing job pairing all of your elements to create this card, Bobby! I love how you achieved so much texture, yet the white-on-white is so vivid! Such a beautiful scene, too!

Unknown said...

This card is actually perfect. Who needs colour right??!!! Just a wonderful take on the code word. x C

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning card....love that white on white, so beautiful.

Mimi said...

This is beautiful...

Unknown said...

WOW..gorgeous card!

Lisa Elton said...

Love all of your pretty white on white on white!! Fabulous card Bobby!!

Misty Elam said...

This is beautiful!! I love white on white. :)

Being Mrs Miles said...

WOW!!! Great sentiment with a lovely backdrop

TaeEun said...

I always fall in love when I see a white on white card! This is no exception, Bobby! So Beautiful!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my word what a gorgeous white on white card Bobby!

stampfoldandrepeat (Jeanie) said...

This is a wonderful example of a white on white card. I love it.

Thanks also for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment!

Aileen said...

Absolutely love your white on white card, the detail and design is perfect.

Ellenor said...

I love this card! :)

Elaine said...

Bobby, Love your card! Can you please tell me the names and who makes the things you used? Not sure what dies or embossing folders were used...So pretty!

Bobby said...

The Cloud embossing folder is from Darice and the Forest Branches are from Cuttlebug. I don't know the name of the Memory Box die because it's not mine but the Prayer word die is from Simon Says Stamp.

Elaine said...

Thank you Bobby! Guess I wil have to track it down. :)