Friday, June 30, 2017

12 Kits of Occasions - It's a Guy Thing

Michele asked me to be her guest for the July edition of 12 Kits of Occasions and of course I said "Yes".  She had talked about it and I had followed what they were doing so I was curious about how it worked and whether I could work within the confines of the kit.  I think I managed fine with the items in the "It's a Guy Thing" kit.

This first card came to mind immediately.
Any seagull likes his fish and so I used the little 'shaker envelope' in the kit to display his catch -  fish from EE.

This gull is thankful that there are plenty of fish in the ocean that was made with a die from MFT.

This one is going courting with some flowers from CP.  I added my own background paper and cut the gray panel with a die from N&T.

I'm sorry but I just HAD to do this next one.
I cut around the sentiment to match the clouds in the kit.  I had a white flower cut laying on my desk left from another card and it looked like a splat to me so "Watch out below!"

For this one I deviated from the seagulls and added my own EE bear with his party hat and cupcake to go with the included sentiment and background paper.  

Thanks, Michele, for inviting me to the party.  To see the rest of the party goers, go over to the 12 Kits blog where you will find links to everyone's cards.


12 comments:

Birgit said...

These are all super cute! So glad you joined us this month. Your creativity with Michele's kit is so inspiring!!

I Card Everyone said...

All very clever, and cute, Bobby... glad you deviated to include the splat - you knew I'd love it, right? Happy to have you on the team this month, my friend!!

Nancy Penir said...

Still laughing from the 'splat'! Adorable! So clever with the fish too. Love them all, Bobby. So glad you joined us this month!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh Miss Bobby...so excited that you are part of our 12 kits team this month. Love all your fabulous cards. Your first card with all those sweet fish in your shaker are wonderful! And your final card with that adorable bear, just love it!

Patti said...

Oh my goodness Bobby these are great!! I especially love your first card with the fish in the shaker but the Gull poo had me laughing out loud and remembering a time when in San Francisco on the pier that I "got to" wear a splat on the top of my head! Eeeeewwwwww!

Have a great weekend.

Patti

Happy Dance said...

I'd say you've rocked this kit, Bobby!! Those seagull cards, especially the first one, are just plain amazing!! Love those shaker fish you've done. And I love that sweet, happy 'bear'th day card, too. How fun for you to get to be Michele's guest for this month. Very cool!! Bev

Lisa Elton said...

So happy to have you joining us this month using Michele's terrific guy kit!! You've done a wonderful job on all of your cards! The fish in the shaker is a great idea and that splat ~ HA how fun!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness Bobby you rocked Michele's kit! That fish is the perfect addition to the kit. The very first shaker card has to be my favourite. It was so fun to have you join us this month!

Loll said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun with the kit, Bobby! Five fabulous designs! Congrats on being Guest Designer. xx

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on guest designing with the 12 Kits team, Bobby ... you created such fun, cute and clever cards! All those seagulls are fantastic (I laughed out loud at the splat!) ... and that little bear is just adorable! Hugs, Anita :)

Marybeth said...

Bobby you always do such a great job ! I love everything you have done with the kit! The fish are darling the way you colored them. Happy 4th of July!

Sharron said...

Sorry I am so late stopping by. It was so wonderful to have you with us this month! You did an amazing job with Michele's kit. Love your seagulls designs, adding the wonderfully colored fish made a wonderful addition and the splat design was such fun. I think I'll CASE your bear card. He works great with that paper!