Monday, September 18, 2017

CAS Mix-Up September

How does time fly by so fast?  Here it is past the mid-point of September and I'm just getting my card into the CAS Mix-up Challenge.

We are to do a watercolor wash for our cards, so I stamped the Painted Flowers from Altenew and washed the flowers in Worn Lipstick, the leaves in Peeled Paint and the background in Black Soot Distress Inks.  Once dry, I cut the panel with the N&T scalloped die and added a coil of silver thread before attaching my heat embossed sentiment from PTI.

I've not been happy with my photography lately.  Mainly because they aren't bright enough, especially the whites.  I've fiddled with my point and shoot camera settings and also with my photo editing program but I'm still not happy.  Next stop may be my iPhone.

Thanks for dropping by and have a great week.

7 comments:

Anita in France said...

Soft and so pretty, Bobby ... deliciously feminine ... love the contrast of the black sentiment panel with the wash of watercolours! Photo editing ... have you tried Picasa ... it's free ... and works a treat for brightening pictures! Hugs, Anita :)

Bonnie said...

I hadn't noticed that your photos weren't bright, Bobby. They always look good to me. This one is gorgeous with the soft pink and green with the light gray background! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Lisa Elton said...

Sigh...this is ever so soft and lovely Bobby! I love the pink and gray colors combo and the scallop panel. Marvelous card!

nancy littrell said...

Your photos look fine to me. Did your computer bright setting get turned down? Your flowers are so pretty and love your watercolour wash background, which makes your flowers pop. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up, Bobby. Hugs

I Card Everyone said...

Just as sweet as can be, Bobby ... of course you know I'd love that gray with pink! I spy a W&W panel! LOve it!
=]

Loll said...

Your roses are so soft and delicately watercoloured. So pretty Bobby! And great job with the gray wash in the background too. Love the scalloped edging in your design and the coil of silver thread under the sentiment banner. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

cm said...

Beautiful...absolutely beautiful! I think your photos are fabulous! Mine...well, let's not talk about that *grin*
Hugs~c