Saturday, January 20, 2018

Just Us Girls #424 - Color Week

It's time for some color at Just Us Girls and our host Ina has chosen
I must say that color challenges are one of the most difficult for me but after seeing this card by Carly, I knew I had a great way to make my card.
I randomly inked my Bristol with Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade Oxides and then clear heat embossed the Essentials by Ellen Rustic Botanicals.  I went over the entire panel with Peacock Feathers, wiping off the ink on the embossing when I was done.  I decided to trim the panel down and mount it on some 'mustard' paper.  The sentiment is from HA.

How would you use these colors?  The Design Team and our guest designer, Cathymac, have some inspiration for you over on the blog.  If you win a challenge this month, you have a chance to be the guest designer for March.  We'd love to see your card in the gallery.


12 comments:

Ina G said...

Such a pretty card Bobby with your floral arrangement. They look so nice in this weeks colours.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my goodness, Bobby! This is fabulous - and I'd probably NEVER reach for these colors - but you surely made them shine!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Ooooh, I am loving how you played with this vibrant color palette, Bobby! Your choice of Botanicals is just amazing, too...Fabulous card!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun use of the colors!

cm said...

Yes, I find colour challenges daunting, too, but you've certainly created magic with it in the design/images you've selected. Sooooo pretty! At mom's now, in readiness for marking diploma exams (though retired, I'm still eligible for this round). No crafting for the next 10-12 days (withdrawal happening already!), so I'll be getting my 'creativity fixes' by visiting you!
Hugs~c

Nancy said...

You succeeded Bobby! Love the flowers surrounding your bold sentiment! Pretty card!

Macimbalo said...

Love the technique you used with inking then clear heat embossing - it turned out so wonderfully! Love everything about your card and how you used the colors!

TaeEun said...

Great use of the colors along with a interesting technique, Bobby! The color combo looks so yummy!

Judy Woodland said...

This looks like it was so much fun to do. I have never thought to do the emboss resist like this, and I'm going to try it. Well done, great take on the color challenge!

Anita in France said...

So much to love here, Bobby! First, I have this set and struggle to come up with ideas for using it ... voila, inspiration before my very eyes. Second, I was wondering how you created such a gorgeous look ... what a brilliant technique, not come across that before. Third, you've made this colour palette positively glow with the delicious inking and embossing ... it's just a fabulous card! Hugs, Anita :)

Loll said...

So beautiful, Bobby!! This colour combination is so pretty. Love the way you've emboss resist with those sweet daisies. Peacock Feathers is my fav colour of ink and fills the background with even more gorgeousness! xx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! I love how you inked and then clear embossed the images and then inked it all over with the teal!