Sunday, February 4, 2018

The Card Concept #85 and Seize the Birthday

This is my third post today but I need to get this card in before the deadline.  It's for The Card Concept inspired by their photo.
My eyes gravitated to the Queen Anne's Lace which some people consider weeds and other are allergic to. I love the look of them and so PTI's Meadow Greens is one of my favorite stamps.
I combined them with Altenew's Beautiful Day.  The background is some DSP  that I inked with Frayed Burlap DI to tone it down a little.  Here's what it looked like after and before.
I'm always neglecting to send my birthday cards to Seize the Birthday so I'm going to remedy that and send this one to them - without the candles topping.

Off to watch the Super Bowl and maybe do a little knitting while I watch to get a prayer shawl done.  It's been hanging around partially done for too long.


9 comments:

Agi said...

Beautiful flowers and I like the black and white sentiment, too.

Patti said...

This card is eye candy Bobby! I love your backdrop for these perfectly colored flowers!! Oh how we need more flowers in our life : )

(((Hugs)))
Patti

lostinpaper said...

You have been very busy and I have had a lovely time 'catching up'! These flowers in particular stole my heart, you have created such a stunning bouquet!

Lisa Elton said...

Love that you used the PTI queen ann's lace too, don't you just love them! Even if they are a weed, they're still so pretty! This is wonderful Bobby. Hope you finished your shawl ;)

Trina P. said...

Stunning card, Bobby. They definitely don’t look like weeds. You’ve coloured them beautifully and the Frayed Burlap for the background looks fabulous.

Hannelie said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration!

Karen Dunbrook said...

how beautiful....great inspired card mf.
xx karen

Anita in France said...

A beautiful bouquet, Bobby ... and with the inked woodgrain background, a perfect take on the inspiration! Hugs, Anita :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love that toned down wood grain -- awesome color. Very pretty inspired card too- Thanks for joining in at STB~