Monday, June 4, 2018

The Flower Challenge #21

This month The Flower Challenge is asking you to use a previous challenge to make your card.  You can find a list of these under a tab at the top of the blog.  Please be sure to tell us which challenge you chose.
I went through the list and decided to use the 'focus on background stamping' challenge #11 from last August.
I don't know what I was thinking when I stamped these Altenew flowers on my white PTI cardstock.  I planned on stamping them on Bristol so I could color them with Zigs.  Instead I used Distress Inks and very little water.  For the sentiment I used my NBUS hugs from HoneyBee stamps, cutting the outline from vellum and the inside from black.

This will be interesting since Design Team members will be choosing different challenges for their cards, including our Guest Designer Stef Perry. There will be lots of inspiration for you.   Remember - this is a flower challenge.  You must have a flower as the focal point of your card.  If you are unsure about the rules, please check them out under the 'rules' tab.

We hope to see you in the gallery.

9 comments:

Bobby said...

Thanks for commenting.

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Bobby, haven't seen these flowers from Altenew, must have missed them on my last shop. Shame on me. Love the loose colouring and I might have to try the same on my card stock with Distress Inks, mmmm I have some linen card stock there wonder if it works there. Anyway back to you, your card is perfect and I love it, thanks for the inspiration.

Anita in France said...

Sweet, whimsical and so pretty, Bobby ... the loose watercolouring is perfect with these little blooms! Hugs, Anita :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

Such a happy, cheerful card, pretty too.
xx Karen

Stef Perry said...

Such a pretty background with those delightful flowers! Love the colors you used and the vellum backed sentiment.

Viv said...

Sorry late commenting this time Bobby!gorgeous card and I love all the beautiful little flowers,so well coloured too! 😀 hugs Viv xx

Ericka Strange said...

Love your background and the colors. The little flowers are so pretty and sentiment adds the perfect touch.

TaeEun said...

The placement of the images on your DIY background is perfect, Bobby! Great stamping and coloring! Love the vellum mat for the black die cut sentiment!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love to see how stamped backgrounds are created, it's a great way to use the small stamps on your sets and you don't have to struggle to decide what side of the DSP to put under.
You did a sweet and beautiful background on your panel, love every single image so beautifully colored, the bold die cut sentiment on top of the vellum stripe.
Hugs,
Maria.