Friday, January 11, 2019

CAS Mix-Up January

I've had this card ready for CAS Mix-Up for a while but have been posting others whose deadlines are nearer.  They want us to use the Bokeh technique and if you need help with that there are videos on their blog.
I inked the 'ocean' with Distress Ink and then used two different stencils with Unicorn white.  I had to go over some of them several times to get the saturation because it kept sinking into the blue.  I die cut a square, stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts and then fussy cut the seahorse from the same set.

Thanks for dropping by.  Have a great weekend.



9 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Your bokeh bubbles are perfect for your ocean background for your seahorse. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..Nancy

Viv said...

I always think water when I think of Bokeh so a perfect backdrop for your cute seahorse!
Thanks so much for joining the CAS Mix Up challenge this month!
Viv
(Guest DT - January)

Bonnie said...

Your ocean scene is beautiful, Bobby! I had problems with my sponge picking up the ink from the background and depositing it on my white inkpad! I had to clean the inkpad and re-ink when I was through! You got nice bright, Bokeh circles that are perfect with the sea horse. Love the sentiment you used. It's perfect! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

I Card Everyone said...

Beautifully bokeh-ed, Bobby! and your Seahorse is really cool!
=]

Loll said...

Beautiful! Gorgeous shades of blue for your beautiful water Bobby. Great work with adding bokeh on top. Your seahorse is so sweet and what a perfect sentiment for the card. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! You are welcome to add this to the CAS Stencil challenge as well since you have sponged through a stencil! Hope to see you there as well. xx

Lisa Elton said...

Your background is awesome Bobby, this is wonderful!

Viv said...

Love the bokeh background and the cute seahorse Bobby ;) hugs Viv xx

Jo said...

That aqua Bokeh background is beautiful and the perfect place for that sweet seahorse.
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Anita in France said...

That background bokeh creates such gorgeous depth to your ocean, Bobby ... seems the 'sinking in' of the white bubbles adds to that too! That vibrant little seahorse is fabulous against it! Hugs, Anita :)