Saturday, February 9, 2019

Just Us Girls #474 - Trend Week

It's Trend Week at Just Us Girls and the trend that Carol has chosen is:  Wait for it!
Get out those wood background stamps, embossing folders or paper pads and make a card for this week's challenge.  You could even use wood embellishments.  I went the embossing folder route.
I inked up my TH woodgrain folder with HA Wet Cement before sending through my Big Shot.  The images are from Concord and 9th stamped in Altenew Ink.  I've chosen to leave off the sentiment mainly because I didn't know where to put it.😕 This was a set I thought I needed and have only used once.  I'm making it my priority to use some of my neglected stamps instead of buying new ones, although having said that I must confess I have bought a couple of new ones lately. 

The Design Team and our Guest Designer Lisa Elton have been busy on their wood/woodgrain cards and can't wait for you to check them out.  Your card in our gallery may make you Chic of the Week and a chance to be our guest designer in April.


9 comments:

Bonnie said...

The wood makes a great background for your simple wreath and bright, pretty flowers! This challenge is a good incentive to get DH's Valentine done.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of the "wood" embossing folder

cm said...

Sooo pretty, Bobby! I rarely remember to ink up embossing folders and seeing the effect here, I'm definitely adding the technique to my must-do list! Love the weathered wood; perfect for your beautiful wreath! As for a sentiment...perfect just as it is!
hugs~c

TK said...

Beautiful card, Bobby! Love the tone of the wood, and it matches your florals perfectly!

Anita in France said...

Such pretty blooms, Bobby ... gorgeous against that deliciously touchable background! Hugs, Anita :)

Nancy said...

Love the EF and bold blooms! Such a pretty card Bobby! Have a great week!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like this! Your thin wreath and minimal flowers let your woodgrain be the star here. Very pretty Bobby. Maybe you could add a small tag with a sentiment to the your wreath if you want something on the front of the card. But it sure looks good without one!

Ina G said...

Fabulous background Bobby. Super Duper CAS card.

Lisa Kind said...

Love that embossed background and I love the inking of it too! Lovely card!