Saturday, July 3, 2021

Just Us Girls #591 - Word Week

I'm the host of this week's challenge at Just Us Girls.  It's Word Week and I've chosen this for our inspiration. 

I always like the looks of script stamped lightly behind an image and that's what I had in mind when I chose the word but you can also use script fonts in your sentiments or any other way you interpret the challenge.

I used a Penny Black script background stamp in light gray and then ink blended  gray around the edges before stamping the PB poppies that I colored with PolyChromos pencils.

Our guest designer this month is the talented Chrissie Stokes and she and the rest of the Design Team have some wonderful cards to inspire you.  I hope you'll check them out and then make a card to enter in our gallery.  Who knows.  You may be a future guest designer.




13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty, Bobby! Love the soft script running across the background and that fabulous pop of red!

cm said...

Your script + poppies pairing is gorgeous! Love this...and a great challenge theme, too!
hugs~c

Janine said...

Beautiful card

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous coloring on these poppies, Bobby! They really pop out among the pretty script!

Carol L said...

What an absolutely stunning card! I just love how you colored those gorgeous flowers and added the subtle script to the background!

Macimbalo said...

Beautiful card, love the script - everything about this card is perfection!

TK said...

Terrific card, beautiful poppy, and your elements together are perfection indeed

Nancy said...

So pretty Bobby and such a great word for us! Have a great week!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your glowing background looks really good with that script. Great word this week

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is a real beauty! I love that soft script on the background paired up with those beautiful poppies. Great choice of word for our challenge this week.

Ina G said...

What a beautifully coloured poppy stamp Bobby. Love the scripted background. Wish mine turned out as nice. Love how you left the shading around the poppy to make it really pop. Another gorgeous floral card.

Lisa Kind said...

I totally did not think of a script bg stamp! I have several too! Your card is so beautiful! I love the script bg!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a beautiful card! I love the light script stamping behind these gorgeous poppies. This is so elegant.