Tuesday, July 12, 2022

CAS Christmas July 2022

I am way behind on my Christmas cards so I'm glad CAS Christmas is back in full force.  Today's challenge is Santa.  Who doesn't love to see that jolly old elf on their cards? 


The Santa is from Rabbit Hole Designs - a prize I won from Less Is More's birthday celebration a while ago.  This is actually the third attempt to color him.  I started with alcohol markers but kept getting outside the lines. 😠 Then I tried Zigs but you know what happens when you add water to red.  So I finally pulled out my PolyChromos pencils.  I'm hoping the texture makes it look like a velvet suit. 😉  I layered up the panel cut with The Greetery's Crimped Frames, put those failed attempts under Santa to pop him up and added the sentiment from the set.

Did you see yesterday's post?  The floor is in and both of us are living to tell about it. 😁

Thanks for dropping by.  I hope you leave a comment when you do.  






If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

9 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, this is such a cute Santa, Bobby! I love how you stamped the sentiment and your embossed border is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Loll said...

This is just the happiest Santa ever!! He makes me smile, Bobby! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Jeanne H said...

Your card makes me jolly. teehee

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE this jolly old Santa you used Bobby...he definitely gives new meaning to roly poly! Glad the poly chromos worked for you and that the oops ones were put to good use underneath! Cute, CUTE card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

This is the cutest Santa ever, Bobby! I love his stitched suit and his fun skates!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Your Santa is so cute, Bobby! The pencil-coloring worked so well for his velvet suite texture, and gave the suite warmth! It was worth trying 3 times (and you used the other die-cuts to add dimension)! The crimped frame nicely matches the stitches of Santa's clothes.
Thanks so much for sharing this cute and fun Santa card with us at CAS Christmas! Hideko xx

I Card Everyone said...

I'm not getting any of your posts, Bobby! I followed your Flower Challenge card over!
This big guy is about the cutest I've seen - love the velvet touch of your polychromos!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness is he ever CUTE! This is heaps of fun, Bobby!

Christine Alexander said...

what a Jolly Santa, he really makes me smile- Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas ♥