Monday, January 9, 2023

Color Hues #55

Color Hues is starting the new year with some new Design Team members. It's great to see Marcia, Stef and Jules added to the list.  

This week's challenge is light pink and gold and that brought roses to my mind and Garden Pick 3D dies to my desk.  


I started by smooshing some Spun Sugar DI to a panel and then added Winterberry Mica Spray in areas for the darker color.  The same spray was used to make the border.  The leaves were cut from two different golds and one was used for a secondary border behind the white panel embossed with SU Timeworn Type. 

Thanks for dropping by.  Please leave a comment so I know you were here and also your blog information so I can return the favor.





If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Bobby, I do LOVE your roses! What a gorgeous way to add that pretty pink and glamorous gold!
=]

Judy Woodland said...

So beautiful. This is one of my favorite looks, with the ink smooshing and then using that panel for the die cuts. It's got so much texture and dimension. I really, REALLY love this!!!! The embossing background is perfect for the overall shabby chic design.

Bonnie said...

These roses are gorgeous, Bobby! I love the layered die cuts and the pretty pink colors! The gold leaves are so elegant and your framing is spot on!

Karen said...

Gorgeous roses, and a beautiful embossed background! It makes for such an elegant, lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Lisa Elton said...

And what pretty roses they are, Bobby! I love the bit of texture on those fabulous gold leaves! Marvelous card!

Ina G said...

Oh Bobby you have blown me away with this beautiful and stunning card. I looooove it!

Lori m said...

This is stunning, I love the texture you've added, gorgeous card, hugs, Lori m

Tracey McNeely said...

Happy New Year Bobby! This is such a beautiful card, so much texture and elegance! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at the Color Hues!

Nancy said...

I have always been a fan of those rose dies. This turned out so good. Love the way you kept it CAS as it needed nothing else! Thanks for being in the gallery at Color Hues!

Stef Perry said...

Oh my gosh Bobby, all that texture is fantastic! The roses are so pretty and how you used the Mica spray has inspired me to not wait until the holidays roll around again before using them. Thanks so much for joining Color Hues!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!! This card is stunning Bobby...I absolutely LOVE those roses and it's making me wish Spring was already here! (Or maybe a Valentine's Day delivery!!) You've used the challenge colors so beautifully and I'm sure those mica sprays are shinning like crazy in real life! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

Gorgeous! Your 3d die flower is fantastic, and the colors are superb together. Great texture