Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Have a Blast!

This is a birthday card for a 4 year old boy.  I promised him I would send him a special card and I hope this fills the bill.  I think it is rather fun, especially since I put his name on the inside.

This is an easel card.  I cut white cardstock 4 1/4 by 11, and scored at 5 1/2 and 2 3/4.  I then cut a piece of white and the cloud paper from Reminisce at 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 and glued them together to make it stronger.  The rocket is from the Just Because Cards cartridge cut at 4".  I used scraps, picking a blue for the shadow that is close to the color of the sky.  I used this same blue, cut 4 1/4 by 2 for the background piece for the sentiment and used the Spots and Dots cuttlebug folder on it.  The parts of the rocket have been inked around the edges.  The photo doesn't show but I used a holographic paper for the portholes and it looks real good in person.  The "Have a Blast!" was printed with my computer program in Firestarter font with a varigated color.

I'm beginning to understand that I can't take vertical pictures of cards and have them come out in the right direction on the blog even if I turn them in my picture file.  Now to just get the lighting right and I may be able to publish some good pictures. :)

No comments: