Monday, July 25, 2011

I'm Baaack!

I just got back from a week at one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, according to us Michiganders who have cottages there.  At one time National Geographic had ranked it as number 6 but Wikipedia says they deny that.  Ranked or not, it IS one of the most beautiful.  I'm sure glad I was there during such a hot week.  It takes a while for the lake to warm up but it was just perfect for playing in the water with two of my granddaughters.
Now it's time to get back to cardmaking.  I have four birthdays coming up that I need to make cards for.  Of course, I won't be able to post them until after they've been received just in case one of them should happen upon my blog - which is doubtful.  I do have one I can post today that I made before I left.


This is a belated birthday card made with the Paisley cartridge.  The elephant was cut from 2 shades of gray from  a DCWV neutral stack with the background layer in black.  I inked around the edges with Distress Ink in soot black.  The yellow plaid paper was something I had from a long time ago.  The bottom corners are rounded.  The sentiment was printed on my computer using the Comic Sans font.  Inside it says"  But sometimes I do.  Hope your birthday was happy."


No comments: