Friday, July 15, 2011

The last two

Here's another picture of the pile I started with.

Here they are, the last two cards finished from my pile.


This one is from the green paper that was cut 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 and had a birthday sentiment already printed on it with my computer.  I also had the white portion of the argyle cut but it isn't in the picture.  I cut the bottom layer of the argyle (from Wild Card) in a corally pink.  For the sentiment, I cut out a frame from Twinkle Toes and mounted it with foam after inking the edges with the same ink I used for the stamped sentiment.  Yes, I did break down and buy one stamp set from Papertrey Ink.  I said I wasn't going to get into stamping but I have seen some cards where they've "bent" the stamp to curve the sentiment around a picture and that's what I wanted to do.  The ink was a little square of something I picked up at a dollar store.  Then I had to use an idea from one of the blogs I follow, sorry can't remember which one.  They used Versamark and clear embossing powder, several layers, to make buttons.  I didn't need anything as big as a button but I did a scrap and then punched it with a regular hole punch.  This may the shiny "brads" in a matching color at the end of the topnote.


This card is made using the Swiss Dot cuttlebugged piece of blue paper.  I think I had this as a trial when I first got the folder.  Again I used a frame from Twinkle Toes.  I hadn't really looked at the frames on this cart until I saw it on a blog.  I picked colors from my background for each layer, then took a sentiment I printed on the computer and cut it to fit.  The green/yellow layer is glued together and foam mounted, as is each of the other layers.  Bright and cheerful, don't you think?

I'm on my way up north to the lake for a week.  There's limited internet access and there won't be any card making so no posting for a while.  Hopefully I'll be able to get on enough to read my blogs. 

No comments: