Saturday, August 6, 2011

Paint the town red

I got the Handyman cartridge in June because I have a lot of mission work projects to scrap.  I decided that it would also make nice masculine birthday cards.  This is the one I made for my adult grandson.


The card is 5 x 7 from a purchased set of plain white cards and envelopes.  I printed the sentiment on the bottom and left it as a white border.  There was a paper in the DCWV Picture Stack that was part of a dark sky which became the background.  The skyline is from Plantin cut in red and black.  Both are cut the same size and then offset when glued down.  The paint brush is from Handyman using kraft paper for the layer that shows as the handle and bristles.  The inside sentiment "Paint the town red" is written in Wet Paint font in red which really put the final touch on the card.  I should have taken a picture of it but alas, it's gone now.

1 comment:

Capri's Delights said...

I love the card and what it meant. Very Nice Card!