Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Splash of Yellow

I'm finally getting myself organized to enter a couple of blog challenges.  I have done a couple on FCCB but now I have a list of others that I think will be fun.  Here is my card for both the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge  (Use yellow) and the Birthday Sundaes challenge (be inspired by the photo).
The photo at Birthday Sundaes was of cupcakes on a plate.  I used the cupcake from Straight from the Nest, cutting the bottom layer in a tan, the next layer in the required yellow, and the frosting in white.  I wanted to use the confetti paper for the background but had only a scrap left so I punched a yellow border to add to the bottom.  I put a navy blue behind the printed paper and used it for the "stick".  I used Divine Swirls cuttlebug embossing folder on the frosting and colored the little holes on the yellow layer with varied markers to represent sprinkles.  I hand cut the flag and stamped it with my only set of stamps - a birthday set from Papertrey Ink.  Of course I had to pop the cupcake up with dimensionals.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Very fun cupcake card- love the embossed frosting and fun patterned paper! Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB! :)Amy A
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

Carissa said...

Cute cute card! I love the little flag. Thanks for crafting with us today at FCCB. We hope to see you again.
Carissa
www.happilyeverpapercrafter.blogspot.com

:: Samantha KT :: said...

This is a really sweet cupcake card! :)
Love the paper you've used for the background!

Thanks for participating in this week's Birthday Sundaes challenge!

Samantha
hooliewoodcreations.blogspot.com
birthdaysundaes.blogspot.com

BugBites said...

Love it when you can use scraps. this cards is adorable. TFS with us at FCCB this week.