Saturday, October 22, 2011

Purple People Eater

I'm actually old enough to remember when the song "Purple People Eater" came out.  I hadn't thought if it in a while until Fantabulous Cricut made it their challenge for this week - a card with purple and a monster or bug.  For me it had to be a one-eyed, one-horned monster.  If I'd thought about it more, I should have also given him wings.

I don't have the mini-monster cartridge so I had to improvise.  I took the Santa shadow from Simply Charmed and welded on a triangle from George and Basic Shapes in Design Studio.  I trimmed off part of the pom pom from his hat and his ears and this is what resulted.  I punched out the circles for his eye and added glossy accents to make it shine.  A little faux stitching and a crooked mouth and he's the perfect people eater.  I freehand cut the orange behind him to make him pop and then mounted both pieces on foam.  "Sure looks strange to me."  : ) 

4 comments:

Beckie said...

Oh my goodness, you did such a good job. So creative. Until I read what you did, I didn't know that the cut did not come from the mini-monst cart. Great job.

Be Blessed, Beckie

Jessica said...

I love how you made your own monster -- so creative! I would have never guessed he wasn't part of a cart. Thanks for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut for the Purple People Eater Challenge!

Jessica

Kate said...

This is fantastic! Your monster looks great - especially with that crooked smile! I love the bold papers and colours as well!
Thanks so much for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Sabrina said...

How cute! I love that you created him yourself. I love the fun and bright colors too.
Thanks for playing along at FCCB for our Purple People Eater Challenge!
Sabrina