Friday, March 2, 2012

BC Card

I started making cards a long time ago before I knew about the Cricut machine.  (BC=Before Cricut)  I found a CD of digital images at Michael's one day and decided that I would buy them to use on the front of cards.  They were put out by pcCrafter (early Provocraft, the mother of Cricut).  Over the years, I bought a number of their collections and enjoyed the artwork in them.  The images came in colored, painted and black and white for you to use however you wished.  I was going to post a link to their site but in going there, I found they have closed down.  I wish they had notified me.  Fortunately I have everything that they were storing online backed up on my computer.  I guess everyone is now cutting and stamping and their product is no longer in demand.

I have posted a couple of recent cards using their images and other bloggers thought they were stamps that I had colored.  You can see one of those posts here.  Here is another card using a digital image I made in June 2009.


I guess it was also before I knew to use a light background for the card to show up. :)  The cap and gown were printed from the "hugware" as they called it and cut out by hand.  The sentiment was printed on the computer.  The high school colors are red and black so I used a black and silver paper for the background.  It's not a bad card but when I think of all the things you can do with an Expression. . . . . .

No comments: