Thursday, March 22, 2012

Haul Part 2

Today was/is a busy one.  We had a women's Lenten luncheon at church with a number of other area churches.  I was the emcee for the program part and also played my hammered dulcimer.  That meant I had to tune and practice in the morning.  Tonight is the Community Soup Supper at church followed by bell choir practice.   We are starting up again after a winter hiatus, since I was gone.  I can't wait.  I love playing the bells.  Well, I love playing the dulcimer, too, but sometimes that's a solo activity.

I haven't had time to make another card so I'm showing some of the other things I bought while I was down south.  Wal-Mart had a clearance sale on some ot their valentine items so I got a couple of stamps, bling, flocking (which I've never used before) and glitter chipboard hearts for 25 cents each.  From the Target dollar bin, I got 2 packages of valentine ribbon although some of it could be used for anniversary cards. 

I ordered some stamps from JoAnn's when they had a sale and offered free shipping.  Love that free shipping.  I got the tag and oval seen here and also a couple of circle sizes.  I hesitated because I can always cut circles with my Cricut but sometimes it's easier to cut certain things that you want to center with a punch. 

I have two birthdays next week so I REALLY have to get some cards made.  I think Saturday will be a dedicated card making day.  I hope you are all making time to get your cards (and layouts) done.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Don't you love getting new stuff Bobby? It could be just the little things that give us crafters such joy! I know what you mean about punches like that though. I'm always thinking that I could just make it on the Cricut. I hope you're having a wonderful time with the church events!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Bobby! Thanks for becoming a new follower! I'm following you now too :) Thanks for the great suggestions on making scrapbooking a little easier now that our family has grown!!

~ Laurie Lu
www.craftingwithlu.blogspot.com