I'm really a clean and simple kind of card designer so the Less is More challenge is usually an easy one for me. This week's challenge was to use three shades of green. My Paisley Cricut handbook was on my work table and I started thumbing through. I stopped when I got to the dragonfly. What a perfect green thing. Well, some of them are anyway.
I used white cardstock for the A2 base with the fold at the top. I cut dark green for the border and a lighter green for the dragonfly, both from Core-dinations. I cut the top wings from some green vellum that I got in a stack a while back and used 1/8" Miracle tape to hold them on. I popped him up on dimensionals but didn't attach the wing ends so he looks like he is flitting.
I printed the sentiment on my computer and then embossed above and below it using the Divine Swirls folder. I decided he needed a little face (I hid the contours of the face on the cartridge) so I stamped it with a Peachy Keen stamp. I doesn't show up much, just enough to know it's there, and I rather like it that way on this particular bug.