Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Paisley Umbrella

Have you noticed a trend in my last few posts.  It seems once I use a cartridge, I get intrigued with other images on it and use them for subsequent cards.  Yesterday was the dragonfly, today it's the umbrella.  I made it for the Paper Playtime challenge #71 - April Showers.



I started off with a white A2 card with the fold at the top.  I added blue cardstock cut 5 1/4 by 4, embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  The umbrella is cut from the Paisley cartridge in four layers: brown for the handle, white for the ruffle, orange for the main umbrella and a print for the center section.  Just to make it interesting, I mounted it on dimensionals off the edge of the card.  I wanted to use "Sorry you're under the weather" for the sentiment and couldn't decide how to put it on until I came up with the tag idea.  I printed it on the computer and punched it with an EK Success tag punch.  It's tied on with some twine from My Craft Spot.

No comments: