Friday, June 22, 2012

Stamps?


When I saw this sketch from Mojo Monday, I immediately thought of postage stamps for some reason.  Maybe because I just got a postage punch?  ( I didn't even use it for this.)   And what goes better with stamps than postcards. 


The background paper, with light writing on it, is from MMI Lost and Found.  I used the middle of the paper to cut the postage stamp background with MS Seasonal Cake cartridge.  It's actually a font but I hid the contours of the letters with DS.  I fussy cut some other paper from Lost and Found that looked like images you would find on stamps.  They are barely visible but I rather liked that look.  There's a crown, bird and bike.  The postcard section is cut from a photo stack and everything is aged with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  I wrapped the twine from My Craft Spot to look like a stack of cards (?).  This could be used for a regular note card or almost any occasion with the right sentiment inside.

No comments: