Monday, November 5, 2012

Snip and Snails

Have you ever been to a high kick pompon competition?  I went yesterday to watch my granddaughter who is on her school's  JV team.  They did a wonderful job and came in second.  We watched the varsity squads, too, that were divided into sections depending on the number on their team.  I had never seen a competition like this before and some of the groups had very creative routines.  These girls (some may have been boys, I don't know) all put in a lot of work and are to be commended for their dedication. 

Now for the card of the day for CAS-ual Fridays.


I've heard some bloggers say they have a difficult time with masculine cards but I think they are easy.  Maybe that's because I'm more into rough wood, rusty metal and old tools, than shimmer, glitter and bling. 


What says "man" more than argyle?  Okay, some men may take exception to that, and there are all those sweaters out there for women now, but I still think of it as a manly pattern.  Add to that some sanded dark paper and a couple of faux brads made with liquid pearls and voila' there it is. 

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Fabulous card I love the design and the colours are fantastic. Caroline xxx

Darnell said...

I'm with you on the argyle, Bobby. Totally masculine in my head and a perfect job on the challenge!

(As to why Oscar hasn't turned back into a 16-year-old in EVERY way? That's highly unusual compared to me and my friends. I say count yourself lucky. Picture gangling, pull-my-finger, leave the fridge open stuff that would have been unheard of a few years back. We love 'em anyhoo, any way!)

Angie Tieman said...

Super cute card! I agree, argyles are perfect for a man's card, even if I did wear them a lot in my preppy days! :)

Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!