Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Shame on Me

You will NOT believe what I had to do!  I had to buy a birthday card.  That's right, I said buy.  I'm in Alabama for 2 months and only brought with me the cards I needed for known birthdays and Valentines' Day.  Last night there was a party for a friend we know down here and I didn't have an extra card to give her.

I will not be doing many challenges while I am here, either, since I have no paper crafting material with me.  (sob sob).  I am lucky enough to be able to enter one of my valentines in the My Craft Spot - anything goes but use a MCS stamp.  I love Kimberly's stamps and dies and use them frequently.

 
 
The heart is cut from Martha Stewart's Seasonal Cake cartridge.  The border is an MS punch.  The little tag is cut from the My Craft Spot tiny tags die, a pink background and white top layer.  The sentiment is also from one of the tiny tags stamps.
 
It's rainy today so I guess I'll have to work on another craft project - sewing the binding on my baby quilt. 
 
Have a great day and happy crafting!

7 comments:

Houses Built of Cards said...

Awww...this is so sweet and pretty! LOVE the tag! Thanks for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Kelly Griglione said...

What?!? You had to BUY a card? That's crazy! Pretty card, Bobby, I get so much mileage out of those Tiny Tags stamps too. Hey, with no paper supplies, this might be the PERFECT time to try the string stamping : )

Darnell said...

This is a really precious Valentine card, Bobby! I love the sweet gingham!

(Thanks for the lovely anniversary wishes! We were quite overwhelmed by the outpouring of love! I'm still making my way through the virtual congratulations we received.)

Hope all is well in Bama, land of Store Bought Cards! Sssssh!

GiGi said...

Gorgeous card Bobby and I KNOW exactly what you mean! I forgot the card that I made for my brothers wedding at home and had to BUY a card too! Isn't it funny how we do things like this! LOL! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

Kate said...

Ohhh, I LOVE the heart image! I've not seen it before and it's gorgeous!

That's too funny about having to buy a card. I ended up buying a few at Christmas. I just didn't have enough for everybody! You're not alone!!

Unknown said...

This is very cute! Don't feel bad about buying birthday cards. I didn't even send out Christmas cards this year --- eep :(

Missy said...

Oh NO--you had to BUY a card?? Don't feel bad, LOL!! We ALL have to from time to time!!! I hope you survive your non crafting time, that is hard....but your creativity can take a break and come back recharged!! Your card is darling, I like the intricate heart!!!