Hexagons are all the rage now, so is it any wonder CAS(E) this Sketch put them in this week's challenge.
I have the Happy Hexagons cover plate die from PTI and they are smaller than in the sketch but I wanted to use them anyway.
I had a leftover piece (the outsides) from a previous project that I cut apart, leaving the five hexagons. I used it as a stencil and rubbed on Tumbled Glass and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Inks. When I was done, it looked rather bare so I added water to the inks and splattered the paper, also adding in some Shabby Shutters. I've seen a lot of splattering lately and I rather like the look. I auditioned a number of inks for the sentiment and they were either to dark or too light. Just like Goldilocks, I found just the right thing. A marker on a Hero Arts stamp. It still looks rather light in the photo but looks good IRL.
I did get some cards made yesterday and I will show them in a later post. I will also have to do homework for the last week of Summer Camp 2. I never enjoyed homework as much as I do for this kind of class.