Saturday, September 20, 2014

Just Us Girls #259


I'm back designing at Just Us Girls  again this week for their color challenge.  And challenge it was.  I must admit I don't do well with color challenges and this one had me working for days to find the right elements I was happy with.

 

Pink is not really my color but I thought, well how about some flowers.  I made a few but then couldn't decide how to implement them on the card.  I thought about using the curved die from Avery Elle to nestle the flowers in but that didn't look right.  So I nixed the flowers but kept the curved die idea and came up with this.


I used a lot of different products on this baby - the aforementioned curved die, my NBUS frame from SSS, my only-used-once pinstripe background stamp from MFT, and a stamp from Penny Black.  Oops, there's also my linen cover plate from PTI and a couple of sequins.

Now it's time to head over to Just Us Girls and see what the Design Team has in store for your inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by.  I love when you visit and even more so when you leave a comment.

9 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty! I love the effect of that curved die!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty, Bobby! Love the curved die!

sue t. said...

I love your card! Isn't it great when you can use a bunch of stuff?!?

Sharyn Polesel said...

Well, it turned out very well. The curved die adds a lot of interest.....very pretty!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love this clean design! I really like the stripes and that curved die. Great job with the colors.

Nancy said...

Hello Bobby, Pink is sometimes a difficult color to work with....glad I got you out of your comfort zone a little. Your card came out great! Enjoy your Sunday!

Anita in France said...

I love how you've taken those fabulous soft colours and made them work so beautiful with a gorgeously graphic design, Bobby ... the smiley curve below the frame is just perfect with the sentiment! Anita :)

Darnell said...

I adore absolutely everything about this card, Bobby. Everything!! This post could be edited to enter this in my NBUS Challenge! In any event, I'm pinning it! Hugs, Darnell

Samra said...

Such a pretty CAS card!