Sunday, September 14, 2014

Muse #84

I was blown away by the card that Therese Calvird made to inspire us on Muse this week.


Is this not gorgeous?  And intricate.  It takes a lot of patience to make a card like that - all those tiny pieces of paper to glue on.  I made a similar card but I must admit I cheated.


Can you tell?  I first stamped the PTI Beautiful Butterfly on my cardstock.  I used Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters and Forest Moss Distress inks that I misted before stamping.  Then (and this is the secret) I cut the Harlequin Coverplate and glued it over the image.  It gives the illusion without all the pieces.  I stamped and embossed the Technique Tuesday sentiment on Ripe Avocado.  I didn't like the straight piece of paper across the bottom so I cut around the words.  I'm not sure I like this either but it's better than it was.

*don't look at the little bump on the left.  I didn't notice it until the picture was on the screen so I've put it under something heavy to flatten it down.

Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a clever idea to overlay the die cut.... now why didn't I think of that lol. What a wonderful card Bobby!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bobby! I love your idea of lying the die cut on top of the butterfly. Nicely done.

Nance said...

Very clever idea. Turned out beautifully!

Jacee said...

What a lovely card Bobby, just great!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Ardyth said...

I love how you've created a similar look with the 'other' part of the die - so glad you joined us at Muse this week, Bobby!

Anita in France said...

Mmm, clever, Bobby ... the trellis over the top of the butterfly ... so pretty! Anita :)

Jacquie Southas said...

Great take on the Muse card, Bobby! Love your inked butterfly :)

Happy Dance said...

Fantastic card, Bobby!! Brilliant idea to use an overlay...might have to try that myself! Love the colors too --so pretty. Wonderful card. Bev

wienerhoneymooners said...

Delightful!!! ... I hope you join this week!!!

Joyce said...

Very clever way to shortcut that mosaic look. I love the way you inked that stamp--the colors look so dreamy.