Friday, April 24, 2015

Curtain Call - Bouquet

It seems I have been doing a lot of flower cards lately - and there will be more, including now. This one is for the challenge at Curtain Call.


I watrcolored some daisies/asters some time ago but never did anything with them.  I thought this would be a good time to put them to use.


I saw the green striped pillow in the background of the inspiration photo and used that behind the stitched square. The sentiment from PTI is on an Avery Elle label.  This is the first of several sympathy cards you'll see from me in the next couple of days.  Unfortunately I need them.

Thanks for stopping by.  Your visits and comments are appreciated.

7 comments:

cm said...

Your flowers are gorgeous; they remind me of the asters from my grandmother's garden...sweet, treasured memories of a long ago time. I'm sorry you have to create sympathy cards, but...your gesture of thoughtfulness and compassion will lift the spirits of those who need them! Sending you extra hugs for being such a gem!
Hugs~c

I Card Everyone said...

I am in love with stripes at the moment, Bobby, so that was my first draw... the flowers are a gorgeous color and colored so perfectly... beautiful card with beautiful intentions.
=] Michele

Bonnie said...

Sorry you need sympathy cards. This one is so pretty! I love those daisy/asters! They are perfect for this challenge!

Darnell said...

I love this one, Bobby, and think the stripes are just fantastic! We are both rocking the purple daisies lately! But I'm very sorry to hear that you are needing sympathy cards. Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Joyce said...

This is gorgeous, and sure to bring comfort to the recipient. Your coloring is wonderful.

Anita in France said...

Stripes and blooms, Bobby ... what a gorgeous combination ... and so lovely for a sympathy card! Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous posies...love your amazing coloring.