Saturday, April 4, 2015

MIM # 207

I'm baaack!  In the craftroom that is.  I haven't been away, just busy with my daughter here over her spring break.  We spent two days going through my parent's closets and cubbies, marveling over the things we found there and reminiscing, before taking two car loads to Goodwill.

The first inspiration I got when catching up online was for the double partial die cutting on Make it Monday.  Laura Bassen has a great video (her's are all great IMHO.  It's so much fun to listen to her excitement.)  I've tried the single partial before and had so much trouble I'm surprised I gave it a second change, but I did and it WORKED!!!


I chose not to use a word die for this technique because that's what I had a problem with before.  Instead I used the Queen Anne's lace from Meadow Greens.  The first time I actually cut the flower through but that's okay since I wanted to add a second one anyway.  I inked up the background with Tumbled Glass DI and stamped the sentiment from Penny Black inside the MFT circle.

I quickly went through my challenge list and had a few lightbulb moments so I'm going to get busy with a couple more cards.  I way behind on my commenting.  Over 100 emails, not to mention the blogger feed.  But I'm sure you'll understand if it takes a while to check out your beauties, if I get to them at all.  It's not that I don't appreciate you and your work.  It's just there are only so many hours in a day.

9 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

LOVE the partially cut flower and love the second one layered in front - great job, Bobby!

Stebbins Family said...

You nailed the technique beautifully! It's a lovely card!

Anita in France said...

Such a beauty, Bobby ... delicate and serene and gorgeous! Joyeuses Pâques to you and yours! Anita :)

Laurie Unger said...

Great job on this Bobby! I tried to do it and gave up in frustration!

Loll said...

Great job with the technique Bobby. Will check out Laura's video! Thanks for the inspiration! Loll xx

I Card Everyone said...

Wonderful, Bobby... another die for the wish list! Happy Easter!
=] Michele

Chriss Blagrave said...

Gorgeous Bobby! Truly beautiful!
Happy Easter to you and family!

Bonnie said...

Great job on this technique! Looks difficult to me! Love the Queen Anne's Lace against the blue!

cm said...

You're far more persistent that I am with this technique; gave up on the upteenth try! Your card: stunning! I would have thought that the flower would be more challenging that words, but evidently, you have the knack! Glad to know you spent quality time with your daughter! As for commenting, you're right...so many cards, so little time!
Hugs~c