Wednesday, June 10, 2015

CAS(E) This Sketch #126 and Anniversary Winner

Did you hear the screaming?  I spent an hour watercoloring my image for the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge and then I noticed it.  The smudge, blob, run, whatever you want to call it.  I tried Jennifer's scratching the surface but it was too big and deep.  So I cut it out.  No, not the spot. ;)  The entire image.  I think it was a great save.


I used a Tim Holtz stamp, Hydrus watercolors, Memento black ink and clear embossing.  I impressed the rectangle with my scoreboard and stamped the sentiment from Penny Black.  You'd never know what I went through to get this. Oh, yes, there were a couple of other incidents but t's done and I'm happy.  In fact, it looks even better IRL (if I do say so myself).


_________________________________________

I want to thank all of you for your wonderful comments on my Blog Anniversary post.  It's through your kindness and encouragement that I keep learning and growing, both in card making and in friendships.  And now for the announcement you've been waiting for.   I don't have a virtual hamster like Darnell, or a real one like Cornelia used (with a little help) to pick my name on her 200th follower give-away.  I'm an owl girl, so with a little helping hand


Ollie would like to announce - Drum roll, please


This is Carol Mayne of Just Me:c.  Congratulations, Carol.  I already have your mailing address so I will be getting your prize off to you shortly.

Thanks for stopping by. Your visits and comments are always appreciated.





14 comments:

Hannelie said...

Your effort was worth it... all the way!
This is beautiful, your flowers so vibrant and bold. I love it!
Thanks for playing at CTS bobby!

lostinpaper said...

What a great save of a stunning card Bobby!

mamawcindy said...

Haven't visited for awhile. So thought I had better come by and see what you have been up to. Your Card is so Pretty, Loved seeing your latest creations. Glad I stopped by. Happy Day to You.

cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

cm said...

BOBBY!! Are you serious? Me? I'm your winner? ME? Hold it a second while I catch my breath and perform a rambunctious happy dance (accompanied by some squeals of delight) around the kitchen....Okay. Whew...Talk about honoured, thrilled, excited and...super stoked! THANK YOU to Ollie and his 'helping hand' for selecting me for this awesome gift! Woo hoooooo!! More dancing about to unfold...
Hugs~c

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Your card - fabulous! Isn't it great how a mistake can result in such stunning work! Hurrah to the smudge! And Ollie - she is just great! Congrats to Carol!

I Card Everyone said...

You'd never know there was any struggle with your gorgeous card, Bobby. Really wonderful coloring... and wonderful winner, too! Congrats to you, and to Carol!
=] Michele

I Card Everyone said...

c... Bobby forgot to tell you she's decided you should come to Michigan to pick that prize up!!! =] so happy for you!

Bonnie said...

Great save, Bobby! Nobody would know that this came from a boo boo. Beautiful watercolor flowers and I love the scoring. Congrats to Carol on her win and to you on your blog anniversary! Glad you are a blogger!

Anita in France said...

Wow, Bobby ... this is gorgeous ... so worth the screams and all that effort, it really is a stunner! Congratulations to Carol! Anita :)

Joyce said...

This is a gorgeous card, and what a fantastic save you made. It actually looks like it was made to be exactly how it is! Lovely coloring.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, your card is gorgeous, Bobby! I'm so glad you were able to save it! Fabulous take on the sketch!
And congratulations on your blog anniversary! I always enjoy visiting your blog!

Michelle said...

Beautiful, amazing flowers!! A lovely interpretation of CTS#126!

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch, Bobby! Love how simple and striking it is! And congrats to Carol, and to you on your blogaversary!

Jacquie Southas said...

I'm glad you were able to save this image and use it, Bobby, beautiful take on the CTS card!