Thursday, July 7, 2016

Less Is More #283

The colors of your kitchen.  What a fun way to have a color challenge and that's just what Less Is More is asking of us.
The walls of my kitchen actually look like a card making technique.  I tried to emulate it with Fossilized Amber Distress Ink and it looks more realistic in person than in this photo which is rather bright.  I wavered between owls and poppies for my accent and poppies won.  They are in jugs above my china cabinet - not real of course.  I due cut this one from Memory Box and colored it with Zigs.

I'm hurrying to try to catch up with some challenges and commenting. Being away the long holiday weekend slowed things down, including my creative juices, and I will probably be gone again this weekend.  I guess I'd better get cracking.



11 comments:

Esther said...

What a beautiful, bright card. I love the visual texture in the background, and the poppies are a lovely accent against it. Fab LIM entry - thanks for entering!

Sid said...

Love your colour combo card !!

Bonnie said...

A beautiful background and the red poppies are so pretty against it! Your kitchen must be a very bright and happy room!

Loll said...

Love your beautiful and bright background to show off your pretty poppies. Great card Bobby! xx

Lisa Elton said...

Hi Bobby! Playing catch up after vacation! Took a run through your blog and loved each and every card you made while I was away. Your ColourQ card is fantastic!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Such a fabulously vibrant and eye-catching card Bobby. The poppies was a good choice to show off the terrific panel that you created. It looks so clean and crisp. Thanks for joining us this week.
Sharon xx
Less is More

Joyce said...

Your card is so pretty, and I am betting that your kitchen is warm and sunny right now.

Kim Heggins said...

So pretty Bobby...just love your sweet flower and I can just imagine how wonderful your kitchen must be.

Chrissie said...

Just playing catch up on last week's challenge entries!
This is terrific Bobby, love this die, love this card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous poppies, Bobby ... they pop so beautifully against that sunny yellow background! Hugs, Anita :)

cm said...

You and poppies = recipe for WOW, and this card is no exception! Gorgeous red against the cheery yellow! Your kitchen must be incredibly beautiful...
Hugs~c